Board Certified Attorney in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Rebecca J. Carrillo is a Board Certified attorney in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Board Certification is a mark of excellence, one that roughly 10% of Texas attorneys can claim. Only Board Certified attorneys in Texas can publicly represent themselves as a specialist in their area of law. As a Board Certified attorney, Rebecca J. Carrillo has set herself apart as being an attorney with the highest public commitment to the practice of Family Law in Texas.
Dial (210) 405-6623 now or contact us online to schedule a consultation with the Law Office of Rebecca J. Carrillo and get started on your case.
With a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science and Sociology from Texas A&M University, and her J.D. from St. Mary’s University, School of Law, San Antonio, Rebecca is proud to assist other Texans with their divorce and family law needs. Rebecca sets herself apart by approaching each case with preparation and great attention to detail, personally overseeing every aspect and working diligently to promote and protect client rights.
Attorney Rebecca Carrillo is consistently recognized by her peers for her legal expertise. She is a strong litigator who is not afraid to go to court. Rebecca focuses her practice in divorce and family law including child support, child custody, wills, adoption, military divorce, high-asset complex division, uncontested divorce, and more. She can help you with all your legal needs. Connect today to learn more about the services available to you.
Rebecca considers her dogs as family members and recognizes that many of her clients feel the same about their pets. Because of this, she recognizes that divorce impacts the whole family, pets included. She will, therefore, fight adamantly for your right to keep your pets.
Hobbies & Activities
Rebecca is married to Andrew Carrillo who is also a graduate of Texas A&M University. When Rebecca is not in court or working on cases, she enjoys traveling with her husband Andrew — originally from Mesquite, Texas— to go snorkeling or take their dogs Farley and Major to the park. Farley and Major also come to the office on a daily basis with Rebecca. We consider them the mascots of the office, so be prepared for a greeting by a happy and lively Boston Terriers when you visit the Law Office of Rebecca J. Carrillo.
- 2022 San Antonio Outstanding Woman in Law Scene in S.A.
- 2022 San Antonio Top Family Lawyer, Scene in S.A.
- 2022 Client Champion, Martindale-Hubbell
- Top Family S.A. Lawyers 2020
- Texas Super Lawyers named Rising Stars™ List 2013–2020 by Thomson Reuters
- Lawyers of Distinction 2019
- Top 10 Family Law Attorney For Texas by American Jurist Institute 2018
- Gold Client Champion by Martindale-Hubbell® in 2018
- Top 100 Lawyers in 2016 by The National Advocates
- 10 Best of 2016 - Client Satisfaction Survey by American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- Best S.A. Lawyers in 2015 by Scene in S.A. Monthly
- Rising Stars - The City’s Brightest New Lawyers by Scene in S.A. Monthly in 2014
- Client Distinction Award by Martindale-Hubbell® in 2012
- Best Lawyers in San Antonio: Family Law by Scene in S.A. Monthly 2010-2011, 2018
- BA Political Science & Sociology, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, 2006
- J.D., St. Mary’s University, School of Law, San Antonio, TX 2009
- Honors: 2008-2009-Magister for the honors legal fraternity, Phi Delta Phi-Tarlton Inn
- Supreme Court of Texas for the State of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
Rebecca J. Covarrubias, Comment, Lives in Defense Counselor Hands: The Problems and Responsibilities of Defense Counsel Representing Mentally Ill or Mentally Retarded Capital Defendants, 11 Scholar 413 (2009).
- Aggie Bar Association
- Bexar County Women’s Bar Association
- San Antonio Bar Association
- San Antonio Bar Association: Family Law Division
- San Antonio Bar Association: Litigation Section
- San Antonio Bar Association: Appellate Law Section