Protecting What Matters Most

Modifications of Prior Orders

San Antonio Modifications Attorney

Ensuring Your Agreement Changes with a Child’s Changing Needs

Every order concerning child custody, child support, visitation, possession periods, and rights and duties over a child can be changed in the future to support their changing needs as they grow. At The Law Office of Rebecca J. Carrillo, our skilled San Antonio modification attorneys have the knowledge and experience necessary to ensure the agreement in place reflects the needs of both parent and child. 

For dedicated and experienced representation in your child support modifications case in San Antonio, TX, call the attorneys at The Law Office of Rebecca J. Carrillo today

Understanding Child Custody Modifications in Texas

Child custody arrangements are not set in stone and can be modified under certain circumstances in Texas. If you believe that a modification to your existing custody agreement is necessary, it is important to understand the legal process and requirements involved. Our experienced San Antonio modifications attorney, Rebecca J. Carrillo, can guide you through the process and help you navigate the complexities of child custody modifications.

Some common reasons for seeking a child custody modification include:

  • Relocation of a parent
  • Changes in the child's needs or circumstances
  • Violations of the existing custody agreement
  • Parental alienation or interference with visitation

It is crucial to work with a knowledgeable attorney to ensure that your rights and the best interests of your child are protected throughout the modification process. Contact The Law Office of Rebecca J. Carrillo today to discuss your case and explore your legal options.

Am I Eligible for a Child Custody Modification in TX?

Under Texas law, an order for child custody or visitation can be modified if:

  1. The circumstances of the child or a parent have materially and substantially changed since the original order was entered
  2. The child is at least 12 years old and wants a change in custody
  3. The custodial parent has voluntarily given custody over to another person

If you are modifying on the grounds that circumstances have materially and substantially changed, you will need to show the court that something very important has changed in your life or your child’s life that requires the current order to be modified. Some examples are drug usage by a parent, criminal convictions, job offers in another city, and acts of child abuse or neglect.

If a parent is trying to modify a custody order within one year of their last order, they must also prove that:

  • The child’s current environment may endanger the child’s physical health or significantly impair the child’s emotional development
  • The custodial parent is seeking the modification, and the modification would be in the child’s best interests
  • The custodial parent has voluntarily relinquished the custody and care of the child, and the modification would be in the child’s best interests

Get Help With Your Case Today

As a San Antonio modification lawyer, Rebecca J. Carrillo is experienced in modifying orders and can provide practical advice about your case during a consultation.

Call our San Antonio modification lawyers today at (210) 405-6623 to schedule your consultation and find out more about how we can help you!

  • “The service Attorney Carrillo and team provided was unequivocally the best service in the San Antonio area.” - Marques H.
  • “Awesome top tier” - Daniel
  • “Tremendous work!!!!” - Daniel

Contact Our Firm

Tell Us Your Story Today

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy