Calling a lawyer’s office to talk about getting divorced can be a very intimidating and stressful experience. Then, meeting the lawyer can be even more stressful. To try and alleviate some of that stress, the best San Antonio Divorce Attorney provides the following advice:
- Prepare a list of questions and bring it with you to the consult
- Take notes during the meeting so you don’t forget the advice you receive
- Bring a friend or loved one with you if you are nervous (even their presence in the waiting room can help you)
- Look up the directions in advance so that you do not have the added stress of getting lost when you are travelling to the lawyer’s office
- Be sure to make an appointment when you have plenty of time to talk, anticipate about an hour
- Familiarize yourself with your assets and debts so you can have a better conversation with the lawyer about how the divorce will affect them
As one of the best San Antonio divorce lawyers in town, Rebecca Carrillo and her firm strive to make the initial consultation as comfortable as possible. It is important that when you hire a San Antonio divorce lawyer, you are comfortable with the firm, their billing practices, and most importantly you will feel comfortable and safe working with the people within the firm.